Graffiti, Reunions and Goodbyes

Proper Graffiti

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 or Hello as we like to say in English, must admit though that I had to google the binary for hello as I'm a little rusty. Well another week has passed, most of it has been spent pouring over excel sheets. Also you may have noticed I've been tinkering with Gimp (And no that isn't what you think it is .... Yes you). And I've done the first draft of a custom header for the blog drawing on my past life as a graffiti artist (back when I was a wee nipper). So I though that I'd liven up the blog with a custom piece. It still needs a bit more work but I'll keep on editing it as and when I get chance (Or when the excel sheets let me). It also got me thinking that I wish I had taken it a bit further rather than it being just a childhood phase. I mean look at Banksy, here was a man who started out doing graffiti on the streets much like myself. And when I say graffiti I mean proper artwork, not just writing Kilroy was ere. And now he's a multi millionaire respected proper artist. And I'm just a slave to excel sheets *Shakes Fist. Damn you excel !!. But then again we always look back on things we did when we were younger and wished that we hadn't given up or taken a particular talent further.

This week as well the Stone Roses have announced that are are going to reform, And also Steps as well. I can honestly say I'm quite excited about the former (Not necessarily the latter .. honest although Tragedy holds some pretty good memories lmao). But anyway all this seems to have been sparked of by Take That reforming a few years agao and turning that into the greatest point in their career. This set me off thinking what other bands would you like to see reform. And for thosee of you that will say the Beatles I mean ones that are able to reform without rasing the dead. I cant really think of any instantly but I would like to see former band members return to some bands. I would love for Alan Wilder to rejoin Depeche Mode, I think thats when they were doing there best work. Also Roger Waters perfoming again with Pink Floyd would be pretty awesome to name a few. Let me know what you think post your comments below.

Goodbye Dan 
And lastly this week on Monday morning I woke up to the news that Dan Wheldon had died during a 15 car pile up at the Las Vegas Speedway, Whilst I never really followed Indy Car I was always aware of Dans talent, and being a motorsport fan, Its hard not to be impressed with the level of success that, as a British driver, he had. It was only last week that I mentioned, And watched, the Ayrton Senna film. And as moving as it was, although I can remember it like yesterday, It seemed like another era, when tragic deaths happened at major races. Unfortunately though that doesn't seem to be the case and its serves as a reminder to all motorsport fans, that the driver literally risk there lives to compete and provide us with the racing that we love. The only upside if you can even call it that, is that maybe the Indy Car series will have to look again at the safety of the drivers and spectators like Formula 1 had to after the Senna and Ratzenberger deaths. Anyway I'd like to take this opportunity to wish my condolences to Dan's family. RIP Dan Wheldon.

Right time for me to sign of and I'll leave you all with a poignant quote I heard during the coverage of the Wheldon Accident. " I hate goodbyes, goodbyes are so final. Instead I prefer to say, Until we meet again. Goodbye Dan"

Comments

Popular Posts