Hulk Hogan, Masturbation and Lolcats

What ya gonna do !!!
Morning, and welcome to this weeks edition of the blog that everyone is talking about, well when I say everyone I actually mean just me, but I often agree with myself that it's quite good now and again. So this week has seen my start my life plan for 2013 in earnest. I've joined a gym and I've been twice already this week. I've been saying for ages that I could do with getting fit, and now I've actually started my regime. Don't get me wrong when I say that I'm aiming to have a body that would be welcome in the WWF, I'm looking more at a Giant Panda, than Hulk Hogan. Although I must admit, even at my age, I find wrestling entertaining, and before the Internet turns on me, no I'm not a mark. I know that professional wrestling is staged and scripted, but that doesn't stop me enjoying it and being an active part of the IWC. So I still have images in my mind of me being oiled up and flying from the top rope of a wrestling ring. It's never to late, even to this day Hogan is still in the ring. Just gotta keep at the gym!

Spreadsheeeeeeeeeit !
This week at work, I've proved an old wives tale completely wrong. The problem is I don't know how to go about changing it. The old wives don't have a website you can log on and edit the tales, like you can on Wikipedia. They don't run a magazine that gives you an address that you can write into to change the details of a tale. Hell who are the old wives anyway? if they were that important maybe they should have their own show in the daytime....... Thinking about it for a second isn't that what loose women is about. In fact maybe I've stumbled on to their secret identities and Jakki Brambles and co are in fact the old wives of legend who write these tales. Anyway I digress (again as usual), what am I talking about? Well I'm sure you've heard the old wives tale that masturbating makes you blind. Well it's wrong, the actual cause of blindness is excel spreadsheets. After pouring over multiple spreadsheets this week, I can honestly say that I've gone blind. It sends your eyes funny repeated use of the spreadsheet, and should come with a health warning. Whereas masturbation as far as I can tell is perfectly normal and harmless, unless you do it in public, but that's a different story. Anyway after all this rambling the point of the story is that next time your boss comes up and asks you to do a spreadsheet, say no! It's dangerous to my health, I could go blind instead I'm going to masturbate. I'm sure he'd understand.

You can see us in our new exhibition 
Also this week I came across a news story that tickled me, no not the news that Mr Tickle is now doing web cam tickles on line, no this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21166326 The Internet phenomenon that is the lolcats is now having it's own arty farty exhibition in that there London town. For those of you who aren't children of the Internet let me explain what lolcats are. The Internet it is often said is owned by cats, this is true in it's purest form by the amount of pictures of cats on the Internet. What the lolcat meme is all about is taking these pictures of cats and adding cute, spelt wrong text which usually insinuates that the cats are all powerful and rule the world. And on the Internet, they do!. Any way, I still think it's brilliant that Internet content is finding it's way into everyday life. What ever next? which Internets culture will invade everyday life next? we've had the trololol guy song in adverts, and now lolcat art exhibitions. Maybe it will be the grumpy cat talk show. In fact i recommend that BBC three commission it right now, it'd be better than half the crap they show on there!

Well that's me done for today, time to attack the pile of ironing that awaits before I go to the gym. And if I'm lucky maybe a figure four leglock on the gym gimp.
Bye !!

Comments

Popular Posts