Random Man, Firestarter and Lemon Meringue

 

Who is this random man?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there used to exist a place on the Internet where thousands of people would come and have a laugh, and marvel at the lastest insights into the world and beyond. There was also a crappy little blog written buy a half lunatic about crap on the internet. Well guess what folks .... It's back. It's been a long time, in fact so long between this and my last post. There has been many wars, a global pandemic and a toilet roll shortage to contend with. Can anyone else remember looking at their hands with a tear in your eye when you went to the toilet?. No just me ... ahem. Moving on quickly, it's 2023 now the robot revolution never came, the granny apocolypse passed without incident, and man is once again preparing to set foot on the moon. What have I been doing all these years I hear you ask, the honest answer is, I'm not really sure. Still doing the same job, in the same place. Still spending way too much time looking at shit on the internet, but let's face it, that's why you're here. The only things that has changed really, is that I've got a lot older and grayer. I've discovered a love for Bonsai trees, maybe more to come on this subject in the future. And thanks to the medication, I've rediscovered my sense of humour and fun. With that said I hope you are keeping well, and I'm glad you've come back. And if you haven't (Well how would I know?) Anyway I'm sure you're getting bored and thinking but Dean, where is all the random shit that we know and love. If you scroll down it starts in the next paragraph. You're welcome.

I'm the firestarter, twisted firestarter. NEEeeeeeeeehhh, NEEEeeeeeeh. No I'm not really, but that's how I felt this week at work. I now know how arsonists feel when they see the chaos that they create. What am I talking about? Well let me rewind slightly (Insert rewind sound here). I was replacing the PSU in a            c

Air fresheners can kill
omputer in the packaging office at work, and the inside of the case had become very dusty and dirty. So I gave it a clean out with the hoover and sprayed some electrical contact cleaner into the connections to remove the dust. Now this was fine and didn't cause any problems and I fitted the new PSU and powered the machine on. All good, the only downside is, as this was a closed office the smell of the contact cleaner was lingering in the air. So I decided to go get some spray air freshener to get rid of the smell. I sprayed the air fresnhner into the air, and almost straight away the Fire alarm started sounding. I wondered what had happened, and as I glanced up I saw that I had sprayed the air freshener directly into the smoke detector. Whoops, of course by this time, as no-one was expecting a fire drill people were starting to evacuate the office, I trudged outside to be met with all my colleagues and the management team waiting across the road at the fire safety point. I was as I approached, I must have looked guilty as the MD came up to me and asked me if I knew what had triggered the alarm. I then had to admit in front of the entire staff that I may have set the fire alarm of, accidently of course, by spraying air freshener. Now have you heard of the phrase going down like a lead balloon. Yep that was me, and that's how I ended up here, writing about it on the Internet

Mmmm tasty tasty pie!
One thing I've noticed as I get older and wiser, is that my tastes have changed. I'm starting to like things that I wasn't really into before, although saying that Vinegar and Mayonaise be damned for all eternity. No but other things have crept into my diet, things like nuts, I've started making a lot of Asian food. I'm even loosing my sweet tooth a bit. but the one food that I've been craving recently and has made it's way to the top of the desert charts is the ever tasty lemon meringue pie. It's the desert that has everything, a bit of sweet in the meringue, a tart center and a crusty pie base. What's not to like. Anyway enough of my ramblings. I'm going to retreat into my cold storage pod from whence I came. And you never know. If lady luck shines down on you all. There may be another blog post soon (tm). Then again it may be in ten years time, but who knows

Till next time may your peaks be stiff 

Dean 



Comments

Popular Posts