Online Dating, Papercraft and Cliffhangers

Hello again everybody its me. (Although you knew that anyway as it says so at the top of the page, plus the website is called deansweeklyblog) Friday looms upon us again, and while I'm dipping items into gravy from a generic fried chicken establishment, I thought I'd post my latest adventures for your delight. For the past few weeks my sister, as well as others from around the globe (No seriously I've had a lot of hits from the USA and germany, which must make me second to David Hasselhoff ..... But I digress). Anyway my Sister says that I put too much emphasis into what I've been upto at work rather than personal stuff. So this week for a change I wont mention work (Except for that mention there, buts lets not be pedantic). My only fear is that it will end up disintegrating into some sort of online dating ad. Hi my names Dean, I'm 38, Scorpio, Sensual and Caring. And by the fact of my lastest hobby, you can probably tell, Very single (But open to offers ..... lol).

The title of the blog this week gives it away, so I cant build up any tension. Papercraft has become my new obsession (This week at least). For those of you that dont know what Papercraft is (And why would you, you all have lives .... lol). Basically I get to print out massive build it yourself kits on paper. Then you stick and glue all the pieces together to make an amazing 3D model out of paper. This week I've been working on (GEEK ALARM) R2D2 a foot tall paper model of everyones favourite droid. I've also got saved on my computer the next project (And Richard will love this) A 14" tall master chief. I'll post pictures as they progress.

On another note all my favourite TV shows at the moment seem to be ending in the next few weeks. I was catching up with some last night that I've recorded. And you know how it goes, the final episodes of the series build up towards a massive cliffhanger to end the series on. After watching it I'm all excited wondering what will happen to all the questions poised. So I logged onto the internet to see when the next series starts. Guess what I find ...... Its been CANCELLED no more episodes ever. ARRRRRRGGGGGH. Why do the American TV companies do this to me every year ? They present me with a TV series that I get hooked on and then BOOM, pull the plug on it because the ratings have dropped some. Its not the first time this has happened either. I must have given up 5 years of my life watching TV series only never to find out the end of the story. Its not as If they dont have a lot of viewers either. the latest show dropped to 3.8 million at its lowest point. There are some TV channels that dont get that kind of viewing figures, nevermind just for one show. So if the American TV industry is so cuthroat that a show can be cancelled because someone has stopped watching to go to the john. (That's American for having a wee) then why do they always end shows with a cliffhanger ? You wouldn't buy half a book with no ending. So WHY do they keep doing this ?

Anyway time for me to go as I need to wipe my fingers .... Peace Out !!!!!

Comments

  1. i love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, horrible background... just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll consider changing it, it is a bit brown

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts