LEGO Star Wars, Real Star Wars and Lightsabers

Hello again, Friday again and time for my weekly blog. Although I've started posting random stuff up during the week as well just to try and give people a bit more content. Don't worry though I'll still be posting the main content on a Friday as I know you all enjoy reading it over the weekend. I've been trying my hardest this week to finish off Lego star wars on the Xbox. Now those of you that know me, know that I'm an achievement whore, and I play games repeatedly just to get all of the gamerscore available, but this game has been driving me slightly insane. just when I think that Ive done it, I find that I still need to do another bit to achieve 100%. So this week Ive thrashed it to finally complete it. On Wednesday I finally achieved the mythical 100% completion. It said so on the screen in big yellow letters "100%" did I get the achievement? no, "ARRRGGHH", so after a bit of research on google (other search engines are available, but not as good.(I'm contractually obliged to say that as google host this blog for me.)) Apparently I'd come across a glitch because, and I forget the exact reason but it was something along the lines of, * spoiler * I wasn't pulling the right face, and the wind was blowing in a southwesterly direction at the exact moment that Darth Vader cut off Luke's hand, I never got the achievement. So I know have to play the whole level again. I'm pretty sure that my xbox is sentient and just loves to wind me up at times.

Sticking with the Star Wars theme, and you could almost call this a Star Wars special edition. I'm planning on sitting my six year old son down, and educating him in the ways of the force. I was planning on doing a full six film marathon but unfortunately the German Grand Prix is on this weekend as well, and I wouldn't want to miss seeing Seb thrust his finger in the air again !!. so instead I might do one film a night. Now I can see people shaking their heads at me now, "you weirdo !!!", "geek" etc. but believe it or not I actually believe that the Star Wars films make up the greatest story ever told. They contain so many archetypal references. And I truly believe that they are culturally relevant even today. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if It became a cultural reference taught in schools. And like the great literature of the past, the Star Wars films should be seen by everyone at least once in their lifetimes.

last but not least in my special Star Wars themed blog, people who have read my blog will know that I've been building various papercraft items, including R2D2, a giant panda, a nearly finished Master Chief. My next project that I've been researching, I'm straying away from the paper medium, and planning to build is a few lightsaber replicas. Now Ive found a few good websites around with various designs, and different ways of achieving the desired effect. the only problem is that I'm going to have to chose one that is robust, because I know that the child in me will escape and me and my son will end up having lightsaber battles all over the place. I'll keep you all posted on the build and let you see it as it progresses
Its a wonderful thing .......

Right now I've got all this Star Wars stuff out my system, I can get back to a normal blog next week about random things like beans, and coats etc ....

Comments

Popular Posts