Penguins, Baked Beans and Alan Titchmarsh

Hello again, has it been a week already. it must have been because here I am again with some more twisted insights into my world. I've actually left the safety of my home this week and ventured into the big world outside. I went to visit a friend (Yes I have them) and we ended up going out to a pub quiz. Now I admit that this was probably pre meditated as I have a reputation for being slightly anal and full of useless facts (This may not be a surprise to most people), so what better than to drag me along to a pub quiz as some sort of secret weapon. Unfortunately though this strategy backfired as I was absolutely rubbish, I was outwitted by, and this isn't disrespectful, a women who couldn't grasp the concept of what outfit to wear if it rained. (I came up with the suggestion, how about your current one and a coat, if it stops raining you take the coat off, It's almost like that's what they were invented for). My only saving grace was getting a question right about birds (penguins in fact). Now to me this feels like I've lost my mojo, While some people have their charm, and smooth sophisticated style with the ladies, my super power is my amazing ability to randomly recall facts, numbers and other stuff you don't even care about. And without it I'm weak. excuse me while I sulk :(((

Look Ma It's Beans ..... In a Pot ??
Now after last weeks food debate about soggy toast (see previous post), the argument has now spilled over into the realm of other food. Baked beans, we all love baked beans, Its one of the nations favourite foods, and It's been feeding single men like myself since 1853 (may not actually be true). Now the issue that has been brought up about the humble baked bean, is its viscosity and the proximity to other items. Now I know that I'm slightly bizarre with what I eat, but isn't placing baked beans in a separate dish so that you don't let them touch your other foods strange. I think so, and It's my blog so ner .... lol. The only time that baked beans should be in a separate container is when purchased from the famous fried chicken establishment .

In other news I finally ended up getting a lawn mower this week and my garden is now looking like someone actually lives in my house and not like the plains of the Serengeti. Although now I've achieved this I've got illusions of grandeur, and I'm planning on planting a tree, finishing rebuilding my wall. And maybe even some flowering baskets. (I know I hear you cry, Dean how do you do gardening on the computer). Believe it or not I've been enjoying the sunshine and spending time outdoors. All this makes me feel a little like Alan Titchmarsh, and who knows maybe soon I'll be showing prize pansies at the local flower show. (Just to point out, the likelihood of this actually happening is about 10 to the power of 76).

I'm going now to enjoy a weekend of firefight on ODST and maybe get endure !!!! (This means nothing to non Halo nut jobs)

Comments

Popular Posts