Thunderbirds, Soggy Toast and Grumpy Old Men

Hello, Fancy seeing you here. I'm glad you've stopped by as I've got something to share with you. Yes its blog day. Enjoy!. If you follow me on twitter at all @DeanoBarlow you may have noticed last weekend that I went to the Waddington International Air Show. I usually go every year, but this year was especially exciting due to the only UK appearance of the "Thunderbirds", the USAF display team.When we pulled into the car park we were handed a leaflet saying that, between 12.30 and 2 pm you couldn't go back to the car park as this would be when the Thunderbirds are performing. And due to the nature of there display for safety reasons, this area would be out of limits. I know the Americans have a certain reputation, So I though that this was a bit harsh and tantamount to saying that the Americans are rubbish and may crash. But after watching the show. I'd say far from it.They were very controlled and tight (more so than the Red Arrows). But they were also MENTAL, yes MENTAL. they were doing extremely dangerous and spectacular maneuvers in F16 Fighter Jets. If ever you get chance to see them, Do !. Just be careful where you park.

I've been having discussions on Facebook and in person (yes I do know real people!) this week about toast. It all started with an innocent comment about enjoying toast with butter on, and ended up as a full blown debate about making toast soggy by putting moist items on or near it. Now in my eyes, and I'm allowed to express my opinion first (My blog), Toast is supposed to be eaten whilst warm. Hence the point of "toasting" it. Not left to go cold before spreading butter on as it makes it soggy (yes miss watts I'm looking at you !!). There is nothing finer than steaming hot toast, with real butter melting into it FACT !!! (If like miss watts you wish to carry on this debate you can always leave a comment below).

I'm also beginning to think that I'm turning into something of an old grumpy man. I was looking in a famous DIY store for a new lawn mower last night. (Any of you who know me will be fainting at this point). But I wasn't sure which one was the best to cut long grass. (I mean that long that you can hide a tiger). So after wandering around the lawnmower section (like a lost tiger, see what I did there?) for a while, I thought I'm gonna need some help making this choice. There was another couple also looking at the same time, so the women in this couple went and fetched an assistant over. The particular model they wanted wasn't in stock, so the assistant helped them choose an equivalent model. Excellent I thought and tried to grab the assistants attention. At which point after serving the couple the assistant just walked of knowing full well I was there.This activated the grumpy old man gene in me and rather than going and grabbing the assistant (Stubborn I know) I just carried on wandering around the lawn mower section making as much noise as I possibly could and touching everything. Even this didn't provoke a reaction from the assistant. At this point my grumpy old man gene fully kicked in. And I stormed out of store muttering to myself that If they didn't want my money I'd spend It elsewhere. Now the cold light of day is upon me I've realised that I've turned into my dad, and I still don't actually own a lawnmower.

Thanks for reading and remember although these occurrences are real they don't happen that often so please"don't have nightmares".

Comments

Popular Posts