Labels, Languages & Multitasking

Hello or as some aliens may have said in 1977 "6EQUJ5" And welcome to another edition of Deans Weekly Blog, the weekly blog, written by Dean. This weeks edition is chock full of nerdery and general arsing about. Enjoy, I did!. This week whilst working on the SEO for the website I thought I'd start labeling the blog site up so that is also search engine friendly. Anyway that got my brain wandering (like it often does), that its like when the Dymo machine was popular in the 1980's and you started labelling everything in sight. you know the ones I mean, for instance that special gift for the girl you fancied at school that you spent hours working on.
Or when you could never find you favourite episode in your video collection. or to stop your mum taping crossroads over it. the label printer came to the rescue.
Pretty soon everything in the house had a sticker on it from the can of beans in the fridge from the night before
To the label just for the sake of messing about with the machine.We all did it (you know you did).


And for those of you that wasn't around in the 1980's, look what you all have missed. Jealous?

Space based MMORPG goodness
Also this week I've finally completed a mission on Eve online that has been bugging me for years. For those of you that don't know (and to be honest why would you) Eve online is a space based MMORPG, what ? I hear you say. Its a MMORPG, and whilst researching tips on how to complete the particular mission I came across a few forums and blog sites. Now I'm pretty computer savvy or at least I think I am. But these sites just completely baffled me with there abbreviations. You'd come across sentences like "Yeah got pod'd AFK in NULL" met with the response "AFK FTW" WTF (see I do know some) does that mean. Not only that they have a completely different set of words for different things. Apparently I'm what is known as a "Carebear" because I don't get involved in a lot of PVP. I'd rather mission and earn ISK. The point I'm trying to make here is that not only do you have to learn to play the game, and how things work. you also have to learn a complete new language to understand what the hell people are on about. If only google translate worked for "Eve speak".

As well a being sat at a computer most nights this week, I've also been doing a lot of work on the Papercraft Masterchief as I'm trying to get him finished.. In fact I've been that busy I've hardly had time for a social life (Yes I know I never really had one in the first place). So I've thought about combining the two. I could assemble a paper girlfriend although that would be wrong on so many levels. (and maybe messy) or i could try chatting to people online whilst I'm sat at the computer. The only downside to this would be making sure I'm having the right conversation with the right person. I imagine telling a prospective date that "I've outfitted myself with some new weapons, and if I see you in low sec I'm gonna rape you" would not got down well at all. In fact it would probably result in a visit from the police. On the other hand telling someone that your about to blow out of the sky in your game that "You think that they are pretty and, would love to get to know them better", might result in getting booted from the servers, and labeled as a sexual deviant. such is life .....

Right I'm of to enjoy playing F12011 this weekend and hopefully beating a certain finger waving German. Toodles




Comments

Popular Posts