Roving Reporters, Max Bygraves and Comedy Physics

See what I did there !
Hello my little friends, welcome to this weeks collection of random events that is my life. Its been a very bizarre week since the last post indeed. The week started of by the macabre discovery of a death right outside my parents house. Its usually the family ritual to all get together on a Sunday evening and have tea and watch old school DVDs at my parents house. But this week they have been away to celebrate there 40th wedding anniversary (40 years, does that make me old ???). So instead my little sis (I can still call her that) invited us over for tea instead. Whilst having tea, Becci received a phone call from a family friend telling us that the police had cordoned off our parents house. And the word fatal was inserted somewhere in the conversation. So I was dispatched as the roving reporter in the field to find out what on earth was going on. (The pretext was to check the house, and to see if the dog was fine). I tried to get through to my parents house but the police wouldn't let me through. So I rang my sis to tell her what was going off, and ended up giving a running commentary on the unfolding events. It was like I was some sort of correspondent for a satellite news channel, giving a step by step account as to what was happening over my mobile phone, whilst trying to avoid eye contact with the police in case they thought I was a weirdo. (Yes I know before you all start pointing it out !). The only thing lacking from the scene was a camera crew for Calendar, with the reporter shoving a microphone into peoples faces, who never actually saw anything but just wanted to be on tea time TV. And for those of you that want to know, Apparently the poor sod, just pulled up and had a heart attack. Giving the neighbours something to discuss (And me) and the chance for me to "borrow" some police cordon tape.

What time is the Archers on ??
Also this week I'm beginning to slide down the slow decline towards mid life. I've increasingly been finding myself listening to Radio 2, no I'll rephrase that. Enjoying Radio 2. I was whooping with delight the other day when they played some Pink Floyd. "Shine on you crazy Diamond" I think it was. And then I found myself bopping along to some Motown. It doesn't end there I've also been watching a bit of Vintage TV when I have some quiet time, and just want some music in the background. Next thing I know Marillion "Kayleigh" comes on and I'm singing like I'm auditioning for the X factor. Now at this point I'm starting to get a little bit worried. It was only a few weeks ago I was having a pop at Dubstep. Now I'm getting excited at hearing 70's prog rock, And 60's soul. I can normally score at least about 20 points on Ken Bruce's Popmaster quiz. What ever is gonna come next. A knitted Arron cardigan (In beige) sat in a rocking chair listening to Max Bygraves, with a flat cap on and the dog laid at my feet in front of a roaring open fire. (I think you get the point). Not if I can help it I'm still cool (Honest he says whilst downloading albums of his sons ipod). I think I'm gonna listen to some slipknot know. Rock On !!

And finally (in my best BBC newsreaders voice) this week, the scientists at CERN have made what could be the greatest scientific breakthrough of our generation. It may even turn out to invalidate Einsteins Special theory of relativity. And may also be the very first steps towards warp drive. What they have done is discovered a neutrino that has appeared before it should of after whizzing round the massive particle accelerator at CERN. Whilst yet to be proved it seems to suggest that the neutrino has travelled faster than the speed of light. A feat that if you were paying attention in physics (rather than looking at a certain girls bottom!) is according to Einstein impossible. This momentous event has got most nerds and geeks around the world very excited and slightly moist. But the best thing about it is that geeky jokes have appeared. What could possibly be better than a geeky joke so here is the best one .
Neutrino
Who's There?
Knock Knock!
Genius comedy and advanced physics (Take that Mr Standige!)

Anyway I'm off see you all this time last week. TTFN !

Comments

Popular Posts