Asteroids, Man Lab and Trap Door

Hello everyone and welcome to Deans Weekly blog, The official home of slightly weird ramblings from a slightly balding, single, geek and general nerd. This week the talk of the office has been about games and gaming, Now those of you that know me, will already know that I'm a hardcore gamer. I have been for sometime. In fact probably ever since gaming was invented. I remember the days (Cue dream sequence music) Yes me and me old mate Jesus used to go down the arcade, pocket full of ten pence coins, (although Jesus always seemed to have more than me, I think his dad was a big shot in the city or something) and we used to feed them into the space invaders machine for hours upon end. Ah those were the days (End dream sequence music) Nowadays its all about MW3 and Battlefield 3 or Forza 4 et al. For the younger generation they seem to have missed that classic era, of being able to stare at a screen containing only black and white vector graphics, and used to be just as captivating. So in that vain I thought that I'd treat the younger generation to an old school classic. Must say big props to Garrat for reminding me how good this is. And I apologise in advance for all the people that read this blog on their smartphones. Get a computer you tight gits........

Sorry, you will need the <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/" target="_blank">Flash Player</a> to play Asteroids.


Also this week, I've discovered a new program that celebrates all things stupid and manly, James Mays Man Lab, I don't know if you've seen this show but its a work of genius. Basically it takes everyday things and turns them into stupid but very manly ideas. The idea of building a train track that delivers toilet paper into the bathroom if you run out is something that appeals to my sense of stupidity and besides Its about time that our random skills were put to the test. This weeks show contained a feature on how to make your own bog roll. How to make a magnetic ceiling tile to store all those random objects lying around your house like odd Allen keys, bottle openers nail clippers etc. by making a magnetic ceiling tile, you just literally throw the items in the air and they stick to the ceiling keeping them organised and easy to find. This is going to inspire me I think, I've often been a massive fan of hacking (taking everyday objects and making them into something else). This just takes the concept even further. If I have some free time I'll see what i can come up with and let you all know.

Following on from last weeks blog about Bananas in Pyjamas, it started off a debate about other children's TV shows from back in the day. Now I know that there are a million sites on the Internet about this very subject and I'm not going to ramble on about them all on here. But seeing as how it was Halloween this past week (And by the way what ever happened to good TV on Halloween, you used to have a plethora of scary or spooky films and shows to choose from to get you in the mood, This year there was pffff all on, about the scariest thing I saw advertised on Halloween night was the latest Katie Price, "Oh I'm going to sell my entire life to the highest bidding TV channel, and then bitch about all the press I get show" Ewwwwww enough to send shivers down anyones spine). Anyway in honour of Halloween and kids TV shows I thought I'd share this with you all Enjoy



Berk FEEEED MEEE !!!! you know you wanna !!



Comments

Popular Posts