Little Baby Jesus, OCD and Christmas Cards

Wrapped in his swaddling clothes
Hello and welcome to the week before Christmas blog, And I can report that all through the house, not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse. Although my teenage son keeps making enough racket to waken even the meekest of rodents. On the subject of my teenage son, Last weekend we put up and decorated the Christmas tree. (Has no-one heard of the twelve days of Christmas any more, I know loads of people that put theirs up in November. And don't even get me started on the shop selling Christmas paraphernalia in bloody July Grrrrrrrr) anyway I'm digressing (Again). Now we put up the Christmas tree and decorated it. But according to Lewis it was lacking that certain something. What was it missing? well Lewis though that every tree needs a "Little Baby Jesus". this isn't because he is religious, no it's because after watching Talledega Nights the Legend of Ricky Bobby., they have the scene where they are all sat around the table at Thanksgiving saying grace to the "Little Baby Jesus" not the grown up carpenter Jesus, or The son of God Jesus who was sent to redeem mankind (Allegedly) no it was the Little Baby Jesus with his magic powers that was given the gifts of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. (What infant wouldn't want those gifts? what about a Jungle gym, or a bottle with pictures of Tigger on, or even a dummy shaped like a pigs face. I mean come on, for wise men you'd have though that at least they would have got a Mothercare gift voucher if they were unsure what to buy for the "Little Baby Jesus"). So my sister in her wisdom, or is it insanity? decided to buy a doll, remove all its clothes and wrap it in an old pillowcase and present Lewis with his "Little Baby Jesus". I've never seen a child so happy and "Little Baby Jesus" has become something of a sensation on our various social networking sites. and sits proudly on our Christmas tree, All we need now is a manger to finish the effect of. The moral of the story is instead of making the Advent crown of Blue Peter that has frankly been in existence since 1924, how about making your own "Little Baby Jesus"

Yes it does .... Arrrrgh !!
Also this week, my idiosyncrasies have been at the forefront of peoples discussions. Now people that know me will know that I'm not the worlds tidiest person at all. In fact a lot of times I exist in absolute chaos. The flip side to this is that I also have some quite bizarre OCD like tendencies. For instance my clothes are arranged in an almost anal fashion. All of my work shirts have to be on blue coat hangers and the hanger has to be the right way round on the rack. All my casual clothes are hung on the cream coat hangers. The grey coat hangers are reserved for jumpers and jackets. All my T shirts are folded as they are displayed in shops. And they are all on the appropriate shelf. It doesn't end with the clothes. I'm also obsessed with everything being at right angles and in line. I'm forever rearranging items to straighten them up. I also seem to have a problem with odd numbers, for instance if I overfill with fuel at the petrol station I have to make sure that the amount ends with an even number. Okay so I'm weird I'll admit it. I can also have OCD tendencies with food as well, such as not eating bread that is older than a day. And I will only drink milk on the day of purchase. I've not gotten to the stage where I have to colour co ordinate my food yet, but there is still time.

Rather than an ending section I thought I'd wish you all a happy Xmas by posting you my favourite Christmas card, so here you are Have a merry Xmas and I'll see you all soon (in actuality it's because I've run out of things to say at the moment, plus I'm almost finished my generic fried chicken pieces. Besides you wouldn't want to keep on reading this if I had nothing to say as it's just a waste of your eyes energy reading, and my fingers typing it. Plus I could also be doing other things like I dunno, maybe finding the elusive Higgs Boson particle (I'm sure it's in the kitchen draw somewhere). Anyway for those of you that don't get the irony of this ending piece I'm actually going now. If you do however get the irony then you can always carry on reading as I'm sure that I might say something funny before I actually end this blog. Here goes How does Good King Wenceslas like his pizzas? Deep pan, crisp and even!. see that was worth staying to the end for wasn't it.



Happy Xmas from everyone at Deans Weekly Blog ( Well thats just me but ...)

That's it see you all next week for more of the same rubbish until then I'll leave you with the geek Christmas greeting. May all your Christmases be #FFFFFF .

Comments

Popular Posts