Unexplained Mysteries, Cat Hugging and Sliced Bread

Take me to your leader !!
Hello again, and welcome to this weeks edition of my blog. the place where my random musings are published for all to enjoy. This week I'm calling upon my readers help, to solve a great eternal mystery. No not who actually built the pyramids. Or who shot JFK. nor even do aliens exist and have been here in the past. and are actually in fact the progenitors of the human race. No the mystery I'm talking about is my son Nathans ability to wake up at the exact moment the car pulls on the drive. Let me explain a bit. Like all young children, Nathan can be very hyper active most of the time. But put him in a car for more than five minutes, and he usually ends up falling asleep. What is quite funny about this is that he usually can be mid sentence or doing something and then he suddenly goes quiet. This isn't unusual in itself. What is remarkable is when he wakes up. You can stop the car anywhere, turn the engine of. you can even get out of the car and leave him there and he doesn't wake. But the exact second I pull onto my driveway he wakes up. And I'm not exaggerating about this it is milliseconds after the car stops he wakes up, and carries on his conversation from before. Now we have tried different techniques when stopping. by pressing the handbrake button so he cant hear that going on. by leaving the engine running when pulling up. but no matter what I try he wakes up at that exact moment. If you stop somewhere else, say the shop and pull up. He doesn't wake. only on the drive. Its extraordinary and quite baffling. So if anyone has any ideas to shed some light on this mystery I would be most grateful.

Also this week my friend The Halo Man pointed me in the direction of one of the funniest you tube videos I've ever seen. I'll post it for you to have a look at but in the mean time let me set the scene a little bit. A popular video of the past year or so has been the dating video that was made by the American girl for eHarmony. I'm sure you all must of seen this at one point, its the one where she suddenly starts crying about how much she loves cats and wants to hug all the cats. Its been a massive Internet sensation and has even made it onto the TV on programmes like rude tube etc. Well Richard told me about this new version of the video that has been "Songified". now Songify is an app for the popular fruit based smartphone. (When I say fruit based of course I mean the iPhone and not some random strange looking man picking up a banana in asda and talking into it like its a phone. "Hey look i got me one of those fruit based phones now" because that would be stupid). What this app does is take any spoken audio and then turn it into a song using autotune to a variety of different backing music. Anyway after watching this video and having to go to the toilet as I soiled myself laughing so hard. I decided to download said app and start having fun. Now let me at this moment in time congratulate the people who made this app because it's genius. Its the funniest thing I've seen for years and it turns me into a giggling child every time I use it. (Please insert comment about me already being a giggling child here). So without further ado here is the video that made me laugh so much. And as a special treat for those who listen to the audio version I might just add a songified bit on for you.


Sliced bread, you've all heard the phrase."Its the best thing since sliced bread" well this set me of thinking (As I often do with too much time on my hands) why do we still use that phrase. Did you know that sliced bread was first marketed in the us in 1928. so its about time we changed the saying for the 21st century. There have been many technological leaps since 1928 so why are we still using a hyperbolic (yes I did look that word up!) from the 1920's. We could have the best thing since the moon landings. Although some tin foil wearing conspiracy nuts will claim that we never went there and it was all faked. (No I don't think that even though I own a tin foil hat). How about the computer, without it you wouldn't be reading this blog or poking that rather attractive girl on facebook hoping that she will message you back saying "Hi lets met up and have sex" where in reality she's thinking who is this weirdo nut job. How about as previously mentioned the fruit based phone. the list of achievements is long and endless and its about time that sliced bread (As nice as it is) made way for the younger generation of inventions. So from now on the phrase will be "It's the greatest thing since the Xbox360" see matter settled.

Thanks for taking part and enjoy the rest of your week. I'm gonna go purchase some mince pies and try and get into the festive spirit (I can't get the lid off) Bye ....

Comments

Popular Posts