Bad Gran, Bucket Lists and Predictions

Bad Gran
Hi and welcome to the first blog of 2012, for the new year I've decided to slightly change the blog layout to embrace my inner geek. The content will remain mostly the same (Rubbish), but the layout has changed. I must also at this point thank my wonderful boss, for designing the new header for me. I think you'll all agree that it looks pretty damn fantastic. So I would like to wish you all a happy new year and thanks for coming back, and with your help I wont be forced to fill chewy with blaster bolts. If you read last weeks blog (Last years technically) I was talking about Internet memes, so I thought I'd start this year of with my first attempt at creating a new on line phenomenon. For those of you that don't know a meme can be many things, videos, phrases and pictures. The majority of memes tend to be centred around an innocent picture, or a slightly humorous one. And then a funny slogan is added. I've gone down this route for the moment (as its the easiest, although I'm searching the old grey matter for inspiration for a viral video ... watch this space). Anyway have a look at my first attempt Bad Gran, with an innocent request at the top, with an aggressive or offensive reply at the bottom. Let me know what you think, or if you have any strap lines feel free to tell me and I'll put them into production.

The rioters were thorough this time
Also 2012 is supposedly the year that the world ends. on the 21st of December, according to the ancient Mayan prophets. So instead of the usual New Years resolutions, this year (With it being our final one on earth) I'm gonna instead create a bucket list and try and do as many things as I can on it. Now me being me (Slightly weird and a little bit geeky ... I know) instead of the usual sort of things that people want to do on these lists, want to do some slightly more bizarre things before the fiery meteor from doom decimates the planet in December. One thing that I've always wanted to do, especially with me being an insomniac, is go to sleep on a Friday evening and not wake up whilst Monday morning having slept the entire weekend. Not exactly swimming with dolphins I know, but it's up there on the list. Also before the earthquake that swallows half of the northern hemisphere strikes in December. I would love to finally understand properly what the ending of "Lost" meant and why were there polar bears on the island ??. What did the numbers mean ?? and why could the island jump through time and space ??. And finally one of my last wishes for 2012 before the alien spaceships descend upon our major cities and unleash the death ray till every last member of humankind is extinct. I would love to accomplish my goal of seeing a full floating phantasm whilst roaming through a spooky old deserted house. There we go my unconventional list of things to achieve before we meet our doom.

I said "punch it Chewy", Not punch "Jim"
On a less gloomy note though here are some of my predictions for the forthcoming year. The major story of 2012 will be the downfall of Justin Bieber. After being every pre-pubescent school girl's fantasy for the last year or so, he suddenly falls out of favour as it rumours start to persist about a lurid sex tape featuring himself, Selena Gomez and three of the seven dwarfs. Charlie Sheen will make a comeback hosting a new talent show in the states, where contestants have to consume as much class A narcotics as they can whilst having an orgy with a group of high class Hollywood prostitutes, with mentoring from the man himself. Guest judges will be Hugh Grant, and Kate Moss. Italy will finally leave the euro zone, and instead of reverting back to there original currency will instead use olives as small currency and Chiabattas instead of notes. George Lucas will ruin the Star Wars saga ...AGAIN. by releasing previously unseen footage showing Luke hitching a ride instead of with Han in the millennium falcon, with James T Kirk in the enterprise NCC1701-B. And the Freemasons will finally take over the world, and enforce everyone to walk around with their right trouser leg rolled up, and greeting everyone with a fist bump.

Anyway I'm of now until next week, enjoy the new look and remember "The Futures so bright .... I gotta wear shades"

This has been a Deans Twisted Mind production brought to you in conjunction with Nescafe and very little sleep.




Comments

Popular Posts