Reality TV, Conspiracy Theories and Writers Block

That must confuse Peter Andre
As a big grey puppet once used to say every morning, "Good morning rat fans!" Well the new year has kicked in properly now, all the festivities and joviality from the Christmas season has well and truly ended. And left everyone with that glum, grey January feeling. So looking to the worldwide entertainment industry for inspiration to make us feel better about ourselves and life in general, I was hoping that January would fetch a wealth of new TV shows to bring in the new year, or at least continue the ones that ended in December for their "mid season break". Instead I haven't been able to find anything at all worth watching. The entire TV listings for the month of January appears to be populated by Reality TV.  Now reality TV was a Revelation ten years ago when the original big brother series first started. It served as an interesting social experiment to see how a bunch of people who didn't know each other would cope being forced to live together 24/7 with cameras recording their every move. Fast forward ten years and due to the initial success of reality TV it has taken over the airwaves completely as a genre. The programs get even more bizarre as the years go on. Celebrity Big brother, which is on at the moment obviously uses the term celebrity very loosely, like me saying I am famous because I write a blog on the Internet. I don't mean to sound rude and offensive but why for the love of god would anyone want to watch Katie Price do absolutely nothing week in and week out. (This week Katie goes to the hairdressers, hang on I go to the hairdressers now and again and I don't take a film crew with me to film it and broadcast it as entertainment). It doesn't end there people are becoming obsessed by the dirge they are turning out. I mean honestly, I can get by in my life without watching a documentary about a man who is so fat he can't get out his own bed. Or watching teenage mums struggle with parenting and their schooling at the same time. Here's a tip. If you cant cope with having a baby and doing double maths, don't get pregnant, that way you can carry on with your life, get a good education and a healthy home life before even thinking about bringing a new life into this world. plus I can watch decent, well written drama shows again instead of watching you holding a baby whilst trying to drink your can of special brew, and talking like some sort of fifteenth century retard. ( I apologise to any 15th century retards out there that may be offended by my comments) All in all stop wasting good TV time by showing these pathetic shows and get back to what we are best at, which is producing some of the best television in the world.

Take me to your leader ..... oh wait !
Those of you that know me, know that I hold some quite far out beliefs, and I am very Interested in the paranormal and or the supernatural. Now when I have some free time, which isn't often, I like to surf the net (And look at pictures of boobs .... we know) and research the latest theories and sightings from around the world. Whilst browsing this week I came across a link to a web page with some pretty outlandish conspiracy theories on it, some of them made me think WTF, I carried on reading, and found a link to another site and was plunged into the world of the crazy conspiracy theories. Even I found most of them ridiculous but its amazing how much effort and belief has gone into some of these theories. So I thought I'd share some of them with you, my audience. Most of you will have come across a conspiracy theory at some point in your life. One of the most prevalent and widely believed theories is the assassination of JFK. nearly all Americans think that Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't alone that day in Texas. But on the other side of the coin did you know that according to former BBC sports presenter David Icke, that the world is controlled by a race of evil lizard people that masquerade as humans. The British royal family are said to be lizards in disguise, along with ex president George W Bush, apparently they are manoeuvring behind the scenes to prepare the way for the lizard people to come and enslave the human race. Even princess Diana is said to have discovered her evil in laws secret, and look what happened, and that, my friends is another conspiracy theory right there, Have you heard the one about the moon landings, that we never actually went there, this is quite another readily acknowledged theory that NASA faked the entire moon landing program at the height of the space race because Russia has usurped them by putting the first satellite and the first  man into space. despite the fact that it's been proven that we went to the moon, We left a giant reflector on the surface that lets scientists point a laser from earth and reflect it back from the moons surface so that we can work out the exact distance from the earth. But did you know that apparently the reason that transmissions were interrupted during the moon landings, not because the moon is millions of miles away, and its hard to maintain a communication channel using 1960's technology. but because the astronauts saw alien structures and a fleet of alien spacecraft parked on a ridge so NASA censored the transmissions and told us it was a communications error. Did you also know that 2012 is the centenary of the titanic disaster, but according to the theorists. it never actually sank. It was its sister ship the Olympic that sank instead. After previously being involved in a harbour accident the Olympic was too damaged to be repaired, so instead they patched it up and made it look like the titanic so they could sink her and collect on the insurance payout instead. food for thought my friends.

This blog has been quite an ordeal to write compared to normal so I apologise in advance if it isn't up to the usual standards. I've been that busy recently with the work website nearing completion and entering the testing phase. Add to that the stress of trying to keep a vpn running when we appear to have a phantom bug, all in all has ended up with me suffering writers block. I've stared at this screen repeatedly for hours and nothing has come out at all. The only things running through my head are internet protocols and subnets. That and the fact that my sons Nerf gun is a lot of fun, so much so that I'm gonna buy myself one and mod it. Strip it down make it more powerful, paint it up so it looks like a proper assault rifle, add a torch and a laser pointer and hey presto instant awesome with a touch of geek thrown in. Anyway I'll see you all next week, when hopefully I'll be fully refreshed and rearing to go with some nuggets of goodness for you to chew on.

Adios amigos time for halo

Comments

Popular Posts