Baby Monkey's, Ironing and Angry Gods

Hello again. Has another week gone by already?? it only seems like two minutes ago when I wrote last weeks blog. I must of been having too much fun or something (Although I can't remember it at all). Anyway this week has been a very very strange week. I don't know why, but for some strange reason things that only existed on the Internet, made it into the real world for me this week. What am I talking about, (A question that gets asked on a weekly basis). Internet memes. Now I know I've blogged about these before, explaining what they are, and trying to create my own. but some of the most famous memes have taken on a life beyond the Internet. Have you ever seen the baby monkey song video??. A famous meme that's been around on the you tube for a while now. If you haven't here you go ...



Well now this funny video has been made into, of all things, a game on the iphone. I mean what kind of genius sees this video and thinks, "You know what, that gives me an awesome idea for a new app. We could make it into a game.". The cool thing is though, it's the most ingenious game you will ever play. and one of the most addictive things you'll ever play. The best bit about the game though is the soundtrack. It plays the baby monkey song over and over again whilst you are playing. It can be very annoying (as most of my friends have found out) but very satisfying in the notion that people who haven't been exposed to the song or the video are now hearing the genius of this meme. Also the legendary meme that is Chuck Testa has also now found its way onto the itunes app store as a really funny soundboard app. (Chuck Testa what's that some of you will say, have you been living in a cave or something, well if you don't know then look below, hey that rhymes)



You probably though that that deer was alive, Nope .... Chuck Testa. Now if you don't find yourself saying the words "Oh no there's a bear in my bed" at least once after seeing this video, then maybe you need a new sense of humour. Whilst we are on the subject of stupid Internet based gags that have made it into the iphone app store my second favourite app at the moment is my cat piano. I know here we go again with the cat thing. "What is it with you lot and cats?" I must get asked this question nearly every week. My only response is. Watch this and tell me that it's not funny ... I dare you.



Damn those creases ..... MUM !!
This weekend I'm going to attempt a great scientific experiment. Its the none ironing challenge. Now usually my weekends exist usually full of housework, a bit of xbox and stacks of ironing. Now my worry this weekend is that the new F1 season kicks off so I'll have even less time to do all my chores. Talking amongst my friends, no one can understand why I spend nearly all weekend ironing, as most of them don't even need to iron there clothes. Now this is where my view differs. My mother (bless her as it's mothers day and I know she'll be reading this as well.... Hi mum) she irons everything in the world. Including socks, underpants and tea towels. This is the way I've been brought up and this is how I do my laundry. My sister and a lot of my friends don't take this approach and keep on telling me that by using a fabric softener and a tumble drier they can do all their laundry without spending 20 hours a week ironing. Now this concept still baffles me and is beyond my understanding of the principles of laundry. (Although at the risk of being called sexist or even a chauvinist, it's a concept that is completely beyond the reach of any man, we can rebuild cars, and take electrical devices to pieces, but laundry we will never as a sex, fully understand). So I'm attempting a massive experiment to see if I can wash and dry my clothes without spending the weekend ironing. No need to tell you all how I get on, as if you see me looking like a tramp that has slept in his clothes for a week the experiment has failed and my mum was right (AGAIN!!!). oh well at least I'm attempting to defy convention again for the sake of all mankind.

Feel my wrath !!
Secondly I also must apologise for the lateness of this blog, usually I've got it written up on a Thursday night ready for posting up on a Friday. But for some reason this week the gods have been conspiring against me. Maybe its because I didn't believe that because of a magical piece of wood that was given to moses that he managed to part the red sea, or maybe its because I'm not actually convinced that Jesus was born in a stable to a virgin mother in Bethlehem. Or even that Osiris was chopped up into 15 pieces and reassembled although without his penis, his consort and queen Isis had to use a wooden phallus to impregnate herself with the divine son Horus. (Yes that is actually the birth story of one of the Egyptian deities, and It's quite impressive. Only the ancient Egyptians could have creation myths containing masturbation. The best one is the god Ptah who created the world by spilling his seed on the ground to make it fertile. So if you ever catch someone masturbating, just remember that they are re-enacting the ancient creation myths and not being gross perverts. Anyway this has taken me slightly off topic (There's a surprise)) So whatever I did to offend whichever deity I have offended, I've had to deal with a massively increased workload, the worlds worst Internet connection and meetings with people that have all conspired top make this blog a couple of days late. Anyway It's here now so don't fret, you can rest assured that I will try my utmost to make sure it's on time next week, Even if it means me sacrificing a lamb to appease the gods.

Good night and God bless ... Till next time

Comments

Popular Posts