Three Little Pigs, Aliens and F1 Anonymous

Quick a tornado's a brewin !!
Yaaay its Friday and that can mean only one thing, The release of Mass Effect 3, no that can mean only two things, the release of Mass Effect 3 and the new version of Deans Weekly Blog, no hang on a minute That can mean only three things Mass Effect 3, Deans Weekly Blog and Chinese for dinner. No oh well you get the idea Deans weekly blog is quite good. So this week Has seen some sad news that an entire town has blown away in America due to a tornado. Now I'm not one to make fun of human suffering and I apologise to our American cousins now. But I'm not surprised. The town is in an area that is notorious for tornadoes. But the worst thing is Americans insistence on building houses from wood. Every house in America seems to be built from wood and they wonder why they blow away, or burn down repeatedly. I'm going to give you a tip now, and please don't take offence. Have you ever tried making houses out of stone, or brick perhaps. Now this isn't as radical concept as it sounds. The ancient Egyptians were building pyramids 5000 years ago, and most of them are still standing. do you know why ???, I'll give you a clue STONE. You could even look a little closer to home. The ancient central American civilisations, the Maya, Aztecs, Olmec etc.. Most of their temples and buildings still exist., can you guess the reason why (excluding the rape and pillage of the Spanish conquistadors) They were made from *drum roll* STONE. Its not even ancient civilisations that have discovered this concept. In Victorian Britain houses sprang up everywhere, and they were made out of brick. Most Victorian built houses are in better condition than new built houses. The moral of the story?, well this can best be summed up by my seven year old sons comment. "It's like The Three Little Pigs dad" And with that quote, I think enough has been said. I mean compared to 5000 years of human progress, how can you argue with three little pigs and the decision that a brick house is the safest of them all.

The communion alien
Those of you that know me will know that I'm a firm believer in aliens. The thing is, that a lot of people mock me for these beliefs, but have you ever stopped to consider this. Whether you do or don't believe in them Aliens have invaded earth and you all know about it. What am I talking about (A question I'm often asked) I'll tell you. Aliens have invaded our popular culture. You don't stop and think twice about going to see the latest Hollywood blockbuster about aliens trying to invade us. You all except it like its normal. One of the biggest grossing films of all time, ET was about an alien abandoned on the earth. Its not only movies, Aliens feature in advertising campaigns, (remember the smash aliens?). If you ask anyone nowadays what an alien looks like, I can guarantee you that most people will describe a four foot tall, grey looking alien with very spindly arms and legs. A massive head with an enlarged skull. And black almond shaped eyes. The question is where does this image come from?, Now here's a surprising answer for you. the image to the right is what started off the popular image of what are called the grey aliens or greys. The image itself is taken from the cover of a book written by Whitley Strieber called "Communion". It was a book that detailed one mans struggles to come to terms with what was happening to him regularly. Through hypnotic regression he realised that he was being abducted on a regular basis by strange creatures. Now my think this is all rubbish, but the point I'm making is that what many of you mock for being absurd and ludicrous has entered your consciousness whether you believe it or not. The reason for this whole bizarre section was brought up by my seven year old son, who happened to mention that he had some homework to do for school where they had to design an alien. So for something that doesn't exist and people who believe are ridiculed. Its now a subject within the national curriculum. Explain That ??

This weekend sees the launch of the new Sky Sports F1 HD channel. Now this is a two way blessing. In the first instance I can't wait for the new season to begin next weekend. The downside to this is that now my entire weekends will be filled up with formula 1. Being a big fan the coverage that they are offering is like music to my ears, they are also showing the GP2, and GP3 races as well as all the practise sessions, qualifying and the race itself. Plus hours of special programmes on the history of formula 1 and analysis shows. Now I know this sounds like an advert and that I work for sky. (I don't by the way) No but my problem is with all this coverage to watch I'm not going to have time to do anything at all. As I'm going to be glued to the coverage. So if there is a self help group out there to deal with this problem then if anyone can find me the number out and send it me. I might need it soon. Anyway time for me to sign off.

Thanks again for reading, And if you missed last weeks quiz its still up there for you to take. Highest score so far is 205 can it be beaten ??

So long Bitches !!!

Comments

Popular Posts