Droughts, Ralph Wiggum and Sundays

Now that's a drought !!
Hi and welcome to this weeks fun packed edition of Deans Weekly Blog. The only site on the Internet where you can hear my ramblings as they spill out of my head, well except for my facebook fan page, and my personal facebook page, and my twitter account, but you get the general idea (I hope). Anyhow this week has been (whats the best word to describe it .... I know) very damp. And this got me thinking. Officially in Britain we are in drought conditions, hosepipe bans are in effect and people are urged to be frugal with their water usage. Now this is understandable if it was the middle of summer and we were in the middle of 6 month period with no rain. But as you're probably aware we've had that much rain that it would send Noah out scrambling to the nearest woodyard for supplies. With flooding happening in certain areas, the floodgates having to be opened to relieve the pressure of the major river is hardly conclusive drought conditions in my eyes. And here is where my confusion in the matter all lies. We live on a planet that is covered with 2/3 of its surface with water how can we be in drought conditions. Now I know that some smart arse out there will point out the fact that certain countries especially Africa and the Middle East are permanently in drought conditions and water is scarce to come by. I agree to a point. But if water is so hard to come by in certain areas on a planet covered with the stuff then the honest answer is that we have our priorities wrong. It is possible, there is a luxury 18 hole golf course complete with lush greens in Abu Dhabi, how have they achieved this feat, by engineering, that's how. If we spent more time using mankind's ability for innovation to preserve life, rather than end it, then the planet would be a lot better off.

An inspiration to all of the feline race
More news on the cat front this week as well folks. Nathan in a very Ralph Wiggum esque way has decided that he wants to be a cat. Every time he sees the cat he starts meowing at him hoping to strike up a conversation, now don't get me wrong, the amusing part is that smokey (the cat) does answer back and it sounds like they're talking. But the actual possibility of him becoming a cat is a lot less likely. To be honest If I'd planned ahead then maybe I would have procreated with a cat to help fulfil his ambition of being a part of the feline race. Although I tend to think that would be frowned upon by certain members of the community. Most children harbour dreams to become a super hero, or a famous pop star etc .. Not a cat, but then again we are talking about my son, which probably explains a great deal if I'm honest.

Have a giggle on me !
You may have noticed that my blogs seem to be appearing later and later in the week. To cut a long story short (which is a bit stupid seeing as how I need material to write about, and by shortening the story, means that I have less to type, and also less for you to read, which sort of defeats the object of writing a blog in the first place, so maybe I ought to not cut the long story short, and tell it in it's full length instead) with the amount of work going on and my responsibilities in real life (like housework, and looking after the animals, and of course a little xbox time) I'm finding myself with less and less time to get the blog written and published for a Friday. So instead, if you all want to make a note in your diaries (And why wouldn't you), I'm going to publish the blog on a Sunday so I've got the weekend to work on it as well. Don't worry nothing will change, It'll still be the same old rambling random crap that you have come to expect (I mean love), only I wont feel like I'm writing it with a gun pointed at my head to get it done in time for Friday. Think of it as the Sunday funnies like you used to get in the newspaper that liked to listen to other people phone calls. In the aftermath of it shutting down, you can read the blog instead on a Sunday lunchtime. And besides furthermore, if you read the bible, on the seventh day God rested, put his feet up and watched countryfile or something like that, The point is that even deities need a day of rest, so I'm gonna put my feet up and chill. Till next week

See you all on the flipside mother lickers !!!



Comments

Popular Posts