Imagination, Ancient Technology and Housework

Coming in to land runway one-niner .... Neeeooooww !
Hello again and welcome to the wonderful world that is my blog. A place to come when you need cheering up, or just something to read whilst taking a dump. Its got something for everyone. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a small child again? (I know at this point some of you will point out that I am in fact still like a small child) One of the greatest gifts that small children have is their imagination. After observing my seven year old son this weekend running around the house fighting dragons armed with just a drum stick as a sword, and a pencil as a dagger it made me stop and think. wouldn't it be great if as adults we could still use our imagination to that sort of effect. The thing is I don't think it's that adults cant imagine anymore, I mean a lot of adult thoughts are based in fantasy (Well mine are anyway, and not that sort of fantasy .... You perverts), but that its not socially acceptable for a 40 year old man to be running around with a bit of wood pretending to slay dragons. I say that we ought to throw off the oppressions of social responsibility and get back to our childhood, what could possibly be wrong with being sat at your desk on the computer typing away frantically whilst pretending to be an engineer on the Starship Enterprise "Captain the dilithium crystals are overheating, if we don't slow down the warp core could blow". I know it would look strange but that's only a preconception of how adults ought to behave. What would be wrong with going up to your friends and pulling a Nerf pistol out of the back of your trousers whilst yelling "Put your hands in the air LAPD!" and then proceeding to pat down your suspect looking for stolen items. I think that learning from our children could be vital to our happiness, I mean you don't see a seven year old child worrying about making the council tax payment, their more concerned with making the base in the back garden to protect them from when the evil monsters come to attack. The question you have to ask yourself is which is most important pleasing "the man" or embracing the "inner child". I know what I think as I head off to do battle with the aliens that are attacking my space cruiser.

Proof if proof was ever needed
Also this week I've noticed that my consumption of energy drinks has gone through the roof, which can't be a good thing. Maybe its a reflection on the fast paced nature of modern society that in order to get through a normal working day that we need the effects of drugs and stimulants just to stay focused. I doubt that in caveman times the average hunter needed 1000mg of Taurine and 50 mg of Caffeine a day just to get on with the task of clubbing a few creatures over the head to drag them back for his females to cook. But then again if the cavemen had been drinking energy drinks then maybe civilisation would of reached an unsurpassed level of sophistication over 50,000 years ago. Of course it could be pointed out by those that believe in Atlantis and the lost land of Mu, that in fact, thousands of years ago mankind did reach a level of technology that we are only just rediscovering in today's age. There's a thought!, maybe ancient man did create a world of unparallelled technology, and by not understanding or abusing the power that they created for themselves, ended up destroying their own civilisation and eradicating almost all evidence of its existence except for a few unexplained artifacts that we keep on finding in the modern era, like the Baghdad battery, the stone discs from China, the carvings of the Maya that depict men sat inside machines that look suspiciously like rockets, or even the descriptions in the ancient Vidic texts of the flying Vimanas, and the terrifying weapon that they carried that burned brighter than a thousand suns hmmmm ??. And you all wonder why I need to drink energy drinks, with all this crap floating around my head, I need a massive shot of caffeine just to be able to think.

Can you wash the pots, I need to plot my world domination !
Well I suppose I better sign off as I have a pile of house work to attend to, but here's another thought (I know I'm full of them today, that's another can of energy drink I'll need) Why in a world full of modern technology that can send electronic signals across the globe at the speed of light allowing continents to chat to each other in real time, The ability to create objects at the atomic level with fantastic precision, can we not invent something to help with the housework. At the risk of sounding a little chauvinistic at this point, I could point out that mankind has in fact created the perfect device for keeping up with the chores, it's called a woman. (That will win me some fans surely !!) The only problem with that, or more for me specifically, is that its probably easier to get hold of a billion dollar robot that performs household tasks like washing up, doing the laundry, putting the bin out, than it is to get hold of it's biological counterpart IE a woman. (And before certain people chirp up, yes I know that it comments like that, that probably don't lend themselves to me finding a woman, but it's only humour folks)

Anyway these pots won't wash themselves, well not yet anyway, so I better go and do something, so until next time peace out !!


Comments

Popular Posts